Friday, 20 January 2012

Chick, chick, chick, chick, chicken...

... lay a little egg for me?

However much of a fan I am of eggs (and there no question about that) it's not what I had in mind for this post. I just got a bit carried away with the song.


Anyway, my excuse for the chicken orientated title is that for the last week I've been on a bit of a veggie kick. Not conciously or for any particular reason (except for the fact that I MAY have forgotten to buy any meat) but I've just found myself in a nutty, fruity, veggie world recently and now it's time to invite some poultry back into my life.


Today my Chicken winged its way here via Abel and Cole.



Of course I also replenished my veg stores, well, courgette stores anyway!


I did get more than this but I didn't photograph everything.

The question now is which chicken to cook for dinner tonight...



I think I'll probably go with the drumsticks, but you never know. I tend to change my mind far too often before deciding!



I like buying from Abel and Cole - they provide good quality food and use fairly minimalist packaging - most of it omitting the plastic wherever possible and using either cardboard boxes or paper bags http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=plastic-not-fantastic-with-bisphenol-a. They even ask that you keep the boxes they deliver the food in a good condition so they can be used again.


Where do you get the majority of your food shopping from? Town or markets? Or are food deliveries more convenient? If so from a supermarket or a smaller business?


I like to shake it up! My favourite is to go to a market or farmers market but when strapped for time deliveries are second to none - although one thing stays constant - I always try to get the best quality food I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment