Monday, 23 July 2012

Foodie pictures

A few people have dropped me messages, asking about what sort of recipes are in my book "Back to Natural Eating."

So I thought it might be helpful to share a few pictures and give an idea of the type of foods I have included.

To start with, I'm sharing a favorite of my mums.


She was so proud of how they turned out that she insisted that I base another photoshoot around them!

These "Sophisticated Breakfast Muffins," as I call them in the book, are a cross between a muffin and a cereal bar (minus the cereals/ grains of course...).

Throughout the book I use natural sweeteners such as honey and dried fruits, always trying to use these sweeter ingredients in the smallest quantities I can.

These little muffins are an exception as they include no general sweetener. The bulk of the mixture provides a crunchy base, with bursts of sweetness coming from chunks of chopped dried fruits.

My mum is an especially big fan of these and was the first to offer to test them out for me.

They worked out perfectly (I think they may have exceeded my own; or maybe that's just because food someone else makes always tastes better?)

Either way, these are perfect for a quick and nutritious breakfast :)

x

2 comments: